Just wanted one trailer to put a welder on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tig’s a process that I have always wanted but never needed. My old neighbor was tig hand at American and had a really nice water cooled Miller rig in his home shop. Something about going to work clean, working all day and coming home clean has a certain appeal.

I know from observation that a little bitty piece of thoriated tungsten can play havoc on leaving work at the end of the day in a nuke plant. 😂

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tig’s a process that I have always wanted but never needed. My old neighbor was tig hand at American and had a really nice water cooled Miller rig in his home shop. Something about going to work clean, working all day and coming home clean has a certain appeal.

I know from observation that a little bitty piece of thoriated tungsten can play havoc on leaving work at the end of the day in a nuke plant. 😂
I don’t tig for a living but I do own one. It’s very peaceful to weld very quiet and not catch sparks in your crevasses.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I considered a skid. Decided I’d rather gamble on it being stolen instead of having to load it and unload it. This way I can have everything I need on the trailer. It’ll be turn key for whatever crook can successfully obtain it. Really a pretty slim chance it would be stolen where I’m at. The day a thief learns how handy a bale bed is and how inconspicuous a feed truck is, then nothing is safe. I guess a thief probably can’t afford an arm bed. But, I’ve run into a thief or two that didn’t look like a poor fella just trying to get by.
Get an Apple Air Tag for all your personal equipment. Design a place to stash it where nobody could ever find it without the equipment put on it's top.
I have one on every tractor/trailer. Go to Iphone app called find my Iphone and I can track the location of my trailers/equipment no matter where they are at. Loaned a trailer to a buddy once, watched it travel all over town, to the COOP and back to his home.
I don't think it works on android although there may be something out there that is similar.
$28.50 on Amazon each. Cheap insurance.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve wanted one of these since the interwebz were a novelty. I can count on a mitten and have a thumb left over for all the times I’ve needed to cut 17 inches of steel with a one inch air gap every inch while under water. But you never know... it could happen.

https://petrogen.com/collections/system-packages/products/complete-package
Never heard of that process. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't play in the shop, building things as much as in the past, so that won't be something that would work for me. I'm betting it's pretty sweet for it's intended purpose.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s all coming together. Did some building on it yesterday. Got the welder up off the deck. Got the toolbox up off the deck. Built bottle racks for 4 bottles.
9A15A7A5-843B-4A94-B214-36C28E785D50.jpeg
84B79F32-BCF7-4733-A1A9-9097DC7FF12C.jpeg
B8576F40-0F18-4673-8BF7-7CDB2F95D7E0.jpeg
E54F7B1F-B206-40A2-98B2-A6EC8C322246.jpeg
A529FEE4-1B97-4E7E-91A5-AEAB1DBE1BD9.jpeg

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts