Enhanced Elk and Pronghorn drawing this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read in Outdoor Oklahoma that they will have a slightly different process for the once-in-a-lifetime controlled hunt draws this year. Those applicants with 20 or more preference points will have greater odds to draw. Half of the available hunts will be drawn with only those applicants. The rest will be drawn with all available applicants remaining.
You guys with lots of points may get drawn this year! Dennis....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read in Outdoor Oklahoma that they will have a slightly different process for the once-in-a-lifetime controlled hunt draws this year. Those applicants with 20 or more preference points will have greater odds to draw. Half of the available hunts will be drawn with only those applicants. The rest will be drawn with all available applicants remaining.
You guys with lots of points may get drawn this year! Dennis....
Want to lay odds I’ll never get drawn even with this new system?
There are quite a few with the same points but nobody has more.
Been applying for 38 years.
BF6A8309-35A5-4EA0-B8EB-5CA36E63D5C9.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was drawn a WMNWR in 2006, a guy had a bull tag and it was his first year to apply. We all wanted to take him behind the corrals and ......
I went as a helper once for a buddy that drew.
Crazy numbers. 1/2 the hunters drew on their first or second attempts. The other half were in their 70’s-80’s with one guy 92 yrs old.
Almost no one in between those age groups.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many remember when it was NOT a once-in-a-lifetime? It wasn't, when it first began. I know a fellow who drew in twice before they changed the rules.
I know two guys that didn’t go on their hunts when it wasn’t a once in a lifetime draw.
That really makes me mad.
Two more to take behind the coral….

Latest posts

Top Bottom