Entry Level 410 Over and Under Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF you reload; get the 12 or 20 ga and load light.
I started my son out with a 20 ga 870 and loaded a 28ga skeet equivalent. Spent several days on the skeet range. Opening day of duck season, he shot 3" mag shells and never noticed.

Do the same thing in 12ga, shoot them at Cowboy Action shoots.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What was it a year or year n half ago I was goin down this same path. Okie4570, Hoddy, Hargrove and several others steered me off the 410 and toward 20ga. My daughters wanted to shoot clays in the backyard cuz I was gifted a broken electric thrower that I unbroke. I figured my older daughter would be fine with a 20 auto but my 2nd daughter was 7 or 8 and got her mothers lighter build so I was thinkin 410. Bought the older daughter a cz720 that I believe @Piedmont3 had experience with. Bought the younger daughter a yildiz youth auto 20 and a mossberg bantam pump 20. The yildiz was too long for her short arms. She fell in love with the mossberg bantam. It's short but still has enough weight I guess that it doesn't beat her up. She loves shooting that lil sucker. Anyhow, that's what we did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom