Erie Metal Roofs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had this outfit come by and give us an estimate on installing a metal roof on our house. Their estimate for our 3800 sq.ft. house was $120,000. Way more than I was willing to pay. We had a local company do the roof and saved over almost $100,000 over the Erie estimate. I was getting emails from Erie even after I had turned down their bid on the roof. I tried using the blocker on my computer and still kept getting the emails. I called their number and asked them to quit sending the emails and I still get them. I emailed them and I still get them. I fed up with getting their emails. Is there and governmental agency that I can fill a complaint with to stop their emails?

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy smokes $120k for a residential roof! Someone is getting rich. I hate most roofing companies… I worked for one as a project manager for a few years. Literally the name of the game was: be pushy and squeeze every dime you can out of insurance companies and homeowners. From there, you charge a fortune for the job but use dirt cheap illegal immigrant labor to get it done. Major profits major shady. Makes me sick

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on what you use for email you have several options.

1) report it as spam, this will flag the emails and move them to your spam folder automatically
2) mark them as junk, should do the same
3) set up a rule that automatically moves the email to the junk folder
ECHO that.
What kind of metal roof ?
The standard corrugated panel with exposed fasteners or snap lock with hidden fasteners ? Maybe one of the newer fancier versions ? 120k is jaw dropping. Snap lock last I heard was round abouts $200 a square for material alone. It's more labor intensive to produce and install. Gimme a holler ifn you need anymore contractor quotes and I'll see if I can be of help.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the bottom of the email there should be a link to "unsubscribe". If there is no way to opt out they are in violation of the CAN SPAM act. FTC CAN SPAM You might be able to make their lives miserable, CAN SPAM Violations.
I'm not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, just links to more information.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the standard corrugated panels with exposed fasteners type roof. I think I've done the unsubscribe thing two times. I'll check their latest email and do it again. Thanks for the info on the Can Spam Violations act.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got back into my email last night after reading your replies. I was going to be sure about the unsubscribe thing. I can't figure this crap out but, there wasn't a trace of Erie Metal Roofs on my computer anywhere. I had a current email from them that had never been opened and it was gone. I would have had old emails from them in my trash folder and there were none. There wasn't a trace of them in any folders. I hope it stays this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom