ESPN: Like It Wasn't Clear Already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bunch of Obama lovin, PC, pinko commies if you ask me. :drunk:

ESPN has dropped Hank Williams Jr. from opening Monday Night Football tonight after Williams' controversial comments Monday about President Obama.
Controversial? My A$$! Can't the man voice an opinion? Guess not. Freakin losers I tell ya... :loser: :brick:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/ready-for-some-controversy-hank-williams-compares-golf-with-obama-to-hitler/1

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bunch of Obama lovin, PC, pinko commies if you ask me. :drunk:

Controversial? My A$$! Can't the man voice an opinion? Guess not. Freakin losers I tell ya... :loser: :brick:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/ready-for-some-controversy-hank-williams-compares-golf-with-obama-to-hitler/1

Really? this is the issue people want to make a big deal of? Really?

What happened to businesses being able to do what it wants? Hank can say what he wants, ESPN can react in any way it wants.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have aways been a Bocephus fan. Even with that said, why would Fox be even remotely interested in Hank's politcal views? When was the last time he was interviewed for anything? " I guess a country boy can survive".

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What happened to businesses being able to do what it wants? Hank can say what he wants, ESPN can react in any way it wants.

Never said they couldn't. What I meant is that it's a low blow for them to fire a long time "employee" for simply stating his opinion. It's obvious they don't agree with his political views, because he said absolutely nothing controversial as they claim. Just looking for an excuse and made a pretty piss poor one IMO.

Have aways been a Bocephus fan. Even with that said, why would Fox be even remotely interested in Hank's politcal views? When was the last time he was interviewed for anything? " I guess a country boy can survive".
He's making noise about running for a Senate seat in 2012.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Never said they couldn't. What I meant is that it's a low blow for them to fire a long time "employee" for simply stating his opinion. It's obvious they don't agree with his political views, because he said absolutely nothing controversial as they claim. Just looking for an excuse and made a pretty piss poor one IMO.

He's making noise about running for a Senate seat in 2012.

I dd not realize this, thanks.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider voiced his opinion and your complaining about it. Really?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I suspect ESPN could have easily just not renewed his contract long ago if they really had wanted an excuse for him to be gone. Much cheaper and less public.

Shadowrider voiced his opinion and your complaining about it. Really?

Not really sure i was complaining, but whatever. Isn't the internet grand? Since i'm not the government i can complain about it, just like ESPN can fire Hank for his comments since it isn't violating any of Hank's rights.

With all the problems we have these days, i just have a hard time getting worked up about this. Hank said his peace and his employer did what it thought was best for the company.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is OSA sir, we like to ***** and moan about freedoms and then complain when someone actually embraces them.

I say good riddance just from the simple fact I couldn't stand that intro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom