ESPN: Like It Wasn't Clear Already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if a entertainer compares our Pres to a Nazi it is a problem. However elected officials calling the tea party Nazi's is ok? lol go figure.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today on the sports animal, one of the guys said that Hank if he isn't directly involved should just keep his mouth shut...... Hmmmmm makes me wonder why we have free speech if we have to be concerned a out reprisals for speaking our mind....
--Mech

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So guys who make their $$$ spewing their opinions over the airwaves told some guy who spews his opinion to zip it? The same jack wagons who routinely make political commentary within the same side of political spectrum as Hank's?

Rich, indeed.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think this is the first time Williams has spoken out about the President and it never got him fired before. It just may be the first time he has referenced Hitler when speaking out about the President. In his defense, I don't think he was calling Obama Hitler as much as he was saying Obama and Boehner should be as opposed to each other as Hitler and Netanyahu would be. I don't think he was calling Boehner Netanyahu either.

In either case, ESPN, which is probably a left leaning organization is still a business. As a sports network I would assume they want to at least appear to be politically neutral. I think Williams speaking poorly of Obama would have been tolerable if not for the Hitler remark. I think their decision was more of a business/public relations decision than a political one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom