Essential Oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of this guy for some reason.
image.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She started out with Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. Diluted with some coconut oil, put on the chest. There is a pretty significant difference of quality between some of the distillers apparently. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll try and get some answers. She's very knowledgable.
Ok, now I'm am seeing a pattern. Heres the back story with the oils my wife started to use about 2 months ago. She got a diffuser (sp) and started using it in the bedroom every night. At the same time, cedar pollen was starting to get high and I went looking for relief, something different and better than what I had been using in years past. So I end up getting a nose spray that I read about. Flownaze it's called. So I start using it but cant seem to remember to use it every morning. I'm using it maybe every 3-4 days but my allergies are almost non existent today. Normally I suffer terribly this time of year with tree pollen, almost debilitating. So after reading this thread last night I asked my wife what she puts in that diffuser and she said Lavender and eucalyptus. Is this whats is curing my allergies or the nose spray - that I hardly use as directed? So last night my sons allergies are real bad so I decide to put the diffuser in his bedroom and I'll see if his get better and mine get worse. If so, I will know for sure. What do you think of a diffuser versus oils directly on the skin for allergies?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of this guy for some reason.
View attachment 47586

Let's take aspirin as an example. The active ingredient is salicylic acid, originally found in the bark of willow trees. In the late 1800's a chemist was successful at synthesizing it and Bayer aspirin was created. You can get methyl salicylate in concreted form with Birch Bark Essential Oil which has the same anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits as Bayer Aspirin. The difference claimed by those who believe in EOs is that with EOs you get other naturally occurring compounds that are synergetic with the active ingredient being sought. Whereas synthetically derived medications only possess the active compound sought.

I sure would not try to treat cancer with EOs but for minor ailments like allergies, joint pain, muscle pain, etc., they seem to have some benefit reported by many people.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife uses them, I was a skeptic until she had me use the Theives oil for a sore throat I had and it worked to take away the pain for way longer than that sore throat spray.

people like the Amish can't be 100% wrong...a lot of "folk remedies" are real...just not any money in them for big pharma...IMOP we as a society, should be open to explore ALL moral methods to heal and treat disease and ailments...thanks for sharing.

Let's take aspirin as an example. The active ingredient is salicylic acid, originally found in the bark of willow trees. In the late 1800's a chemist was successful at synthesizing it and Bayer aspirin was created. You can get methyl salicylate in concreted form with Birch Bark Essential Oil which has the same anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits as Bayer Aspirin. The difference claimed by those who believe in EOs is that with EOs you get other naturally occurring compounds that are synergetic with the active ingredient being sought. Whereas synthetically derived medications only possess the active compound sought.

I sure would not try to treat cancer with EOs but for minor ailments like allergies, joint pain, muscle pain, etc., they seem to have some benefit reported by many people.

Yes and you can also buy white willow bark in pill form at health food stores that have equivalent amounts of the naturally occurring salicylic acid to synthetics such as Bayer. But when consumed with the entire bark constituents, supposedly the chances of side effects and stomach bleeding is lessened due to those other synergistic compounds that balance each other out. It would be like how eating a peach is much better to get Vitamin A than taking a synthetic equivalent amount. In the peach, you also get other minerals and anti-oxidants, etc...

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife uses them, My kids alergies have gone way down since she started. I have also used it on an abscessed tooth to make it through the weekend until I could get into the dentist and the pain literally quit within minutes of applying to my gums. they are all young living and from what I have read is the only Brand I would trust. We also diffuse some lavender in the bedroom :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom