Evacuate now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just excited to eventually see my first ever tornado in real life. We just had a storm shelter put in. I know, I know. Oregon. 🙄
I've been through a few, one was an EF4, I love storms and after getting some training, I did some storm chasing for an agency I worked for. Tornados are magnificent to see and something you'll never forget, same thing goes for the aftermath. Bring on the thunderstorms, especially the big ones, but leave the tornados out of it, had more than enough of them.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I used to hate the weather people discouraging all travel when I was trying to get employees to come to work. We will probably see Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch full of water again soon. The news always has and will continue to sensationalize as long as people watch them.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okies be like....take shelter my a$$ grab some beer and let's go watch it. :)

okie3.jpg

okie2.jpg

okie4.jpg

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, a hurricane is heading for the Tampa area. Evacuation orders in effect, yet the media is standing on the beach where they officials caution people to stay off of.
WTF is the reason reporting from that area is so important? They are putting themselves directly inline of the dangers the public has been told to stay away from.
They could easily use the web cams every beach area has. I'm watching one now on another page.
Counties have areas that they label in zones, A - E most generally. A, being the closer you are to gulf. I live in the area of the red X. I agree too that the drama the news people put into their news casts are overly dramatic.

1693399272611.png

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to hate the weather people discouraging all travel when I was trying to get employees to come to work. We will probably see Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch full of water again soon. The news always has and will continue to sensationalize as long as people watch them.
I used to be just like you.

Then I totaled my truck in the ice stork of Feb 2022. Cost me half a year's wages, and damn near cost me my life.

You know who DIDN'T help me pay for that? My employer. I'm one of those guys that rarely, rarely misses work. Next time it's ice and snow, I wouldn't bet on it.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be just like you.

Then I totaled my truck in the ice stork of Feb 2022. Cost me half a year's wages, and damn near cost me my life.

You know who DIDN'T help me pay for that? My employer. I'm one of those guys that rarely, rarely misses work. Next time it's ice and snow, I wouldn't bet on it.
You're only number to your employer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom