Ever eaten bear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took this boar on June 1st of last year. He was delicious! I had him processed into summer sausage and bear pepperoni sticks.

I'm going back to Idaho next month to find his color phase cousin for a full body mount. If I'm successful I'll be more than happy to give anyone samples to try.

LRP

Attachments

• image-790867864.jpg
    image-790867864.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 90

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard it said, by people who've eaten both, that bear tastes alot like possum.
As for the whole anthropmorphic thing with the bear hands, I used to sell skinned possums to an old man in Hobart. He insisted that I left at least one possum paw undetached. He wasn't nobody's fool. He didn't want me passing off a cat as a possum. He had standards.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious. I'm not sure of the regs today, but when I was young we didn't even think about those things. Fur was a good price in those days, and if you could sell the carcass, so much the better.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or racoons the heavier and wider bodys of which could not be confused with cats, but could easily be confused with small dogs.
Leave a foot on the damn thing. Don't take my word for it, read it in _Consumer Reports_.

No I caint make a link, but any reasonably well informed individual can easily do his own research.

Latest posts

Top Bottom