Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three on one is a beating.

Shortly after the beating while in police custody the victim died. This isn't a real challenging game of connect the dots.

Connecting dots is not fact. It's supposition...

I'm not opposed to supposition for discussions sake, but painting supposition as fact reveals an agenda.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/moore-police-respond-to-norman-mans-death-outside-warren-theater/article/3934940

MOORE - Moore Police Chief Jerry Stillings on Tuesday defended his officers following the death of a Norman man early Saturday morning.

Luis Rodriguez died outside the Warren Theatre in police custody after police said he refused to give officers his identification. Rodriguez stopped breathing while officers tried to restrain him, police said.Rodriguez’s family claimed he was never combative with officers and was beaten, resulting in his death.

At a press conference, Stillings said Rodriguez took a defensive stance and clenched his fists when officers tried to detain him. He also said an independent witness said the officers did not beat him.

Nair Rodriguez, Luis’ wife, took a video of the altercation, which police confiscated. Stillings said the video is expected to be released today.

Members of the Rodriguez family said the incident started with an argument between Luis Rodriguez’s wife and daughter, Luinahi.

Nair Rodriguez said when she and her daughter were separated after the fight, she tried to get in her car and drive away.

She said her husband was chasing after her to calm her down when police asked him for his identification.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only question on this is, if he didn't do anything wrong, and was just going to talk to his wife, did he HAVE to show id? I'm not sure of the laws regarding to that here in Oklahoma.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The attorney for the family wouldn't release the vid. My guess having to do with a pending civil suit. One would think there was some survailence tAken but who knows?

On a side note: it's a shame that all the good things that LEOs do never makes the news, only this stuff. If five men, LEOs or not, beat a man to death then they need to go to jail.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As God is my witness some of you guys are absolutely the dullest things since butter knives ...

The harder I try to leave this threads here and let you guys discuss social issues that are pertinent, the more determined some of you become to make complete fools of yourselves and muck it up for the rest of us ...

You, sir, enjoy your ban ...

The rest of you ... If you can discuss like adults and not go out of your way to take stabs at the FINE men and women who are law enforcement officers by lumping them in with those who are have no business wearing a badge, WITHOUT knowing the full story behind what happened here, please feel free to talk ... Otherwise I can lock it up now ...

Thank you Bun.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the cops were thinking the domestic was between the husband and wife and not the daughter and wife in a dispute with the father playing peacemaker? It would be an easy assumption for LE to make that a woman in distress trying to leave but her husband chasing after her warranted intervention. Really in a way, the mother and daughter really bear some responsibility in this by not being able to keep a cool head or at least keep their domestic dispute in their home rather than in public. I'm not trying to monday morning quarterback this thing because its a very bad deal for all parties involved. It will be interesting to see what this story develops in the way of details and evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom