Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Connecting the dots will lead you to the facts. If you refuse to see the facts I can't help you.

Attempting to connect dots, or things that look like dots, from a prejudicial viewpoint can lead you to a picture that looks like a donkey too. If you refuse to acknowledge that you don't know the facts, you can't be helped either.

Large, agitated male chasing a female through a parking lot at night, after a reported physical altercation...male refuses commands from responding LEOs who are attempting to identify everyone involved (think the cops shouldn't have asked for ID? I sure hope they ask for ID the next time some guy is chasing my wife through a parking lot instead of taking "but officer that's my wife" as proof of no wrong doing)...fight ensues...agitated, combative male dies of cardiac arrest as a result of fight.

Any facts in there? Nope, but it's an alternative version that someone with an open mind would have to admit is just as plausible as the "5 cops just showed up and beat this guy to death for no reason" scenario, at least until everything comes out on the table.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"
At a press conference, Stillings said Rodriguez took a defensive stance and clenched his fists"
He took a defensive stance it is obvious this man needed to go down.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I went to work for one of Oklahomans largest cities, we had to go through a day of psych. and personality tests. I wonder if all public safety orgs. do this ?

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem with the police action in this instance, and ones like it. Is that the some police don't seem to make much of an attempt to diffuse situations these days. The game plan always seems to be just to use overwhelming force and get everyone in handcuffs. The LEO's naturally have the discretion to choose best course of action for their own safety. But seriously, pushing someone to the point of an outcome like this because someone was having a bad day is too much.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the cops were thinking the domestic was between the husband and wife and not the daughter and wife in a dispute with the father playing peacemaker? It would be an easy assumption for LE to make that a woman in distress trying to leave but her husband chasing after her warranted intervention. Really in a way, the mother and daughter really bear some responsibility in this by not being able to keep a cool head or at least keep their domestic dispute in their home rather than in public. I'm not trying to monday morning quarterback this thing because its a very bad deal for all parties involved. It will be interesting to see what this story develops in the way of details and evidence.

This^^^^ makes a lot of sense.

You are there, cop, security, whatever, and you see a really big guy aggressively following a female. There is yelling. Some of you are security, some are real life "peace keepers", if you will. You go to check it out before something gets worse, and you get resistance, and the really big guy takes an aggressive stance. Suddenly you think you are in the middle of a domestic dispute that is about to get really ugly. With a giant. I imagine that would be an officer's nightmare.

Now I am not condoning beating people, and especially not police officers beating people, especially when you have been trained and practice skills at handling situations just like this, and have alternative gizzmos (often) to aid in subduing out of control folks, and you have numbers on your side, but imagine and remember how things happen in the heat of the moment, and things escalate, and so on.

It wasn't like the police officers said, "There's a big one. Let's kill him." They were most likely trying to stop what they thought was a bad thing, and things got worse. Most people can't just turn off their emotions right away, whether they are a giant Hispanic guy that was really upset that two people he loved were fighting, or police officers that just had to face something that may have seemed potentially life threatening. Still, I would hope that is where the training would "kick in."

If it was me and two other regular joes that did the beating though, I imagine we would not have the luxury of going to sleep in the comforts of our own beds with our wives, just as I am going to do now, while the investigators tried to make sense of it all. No, I imagine we'd be waiting to find out what the charges are going to be so they can set our arraignment and we can put up our houses to post bail, going to bed with our new wives: Steve, Jimmy the Bat, and Mongo. That is the part that I don't understand.

Anyway, it sucks for everybody involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom