Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"
At a press conference, Stillings said Rodriguez took a defensive stance and clenched his fists"
He took a defensive stance it is obvious this man needed to go down.
Defensive stance is a very subjective description. And clinching of fists is a sign of stress is as much as anything else.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr10mm
"
At a press conference, Stillings said Rodriguez took a defensive stance and clenched his fists"
He took a defensive stance it is obvious this man needed to go down."

Defensive stance is a very subjective description. And clinching of fists is a sign of stress is as much as anything else.

LOL, in that case I just took a defensive stance on the toilet! :urwelcome:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/moore-police-respond-to-norman-mans-death-outside-warren-theater/article/3934940

MOORE - Moore Police Chief Jerry Stillings on Tuesday defended his officers following the death of a Norman man early Saturday morning.

Luis Rodriguez died outside the Warren Theatre in police custody after police said he refused to give officers his identification. Rodriguez stopped breathing while officers tried to restrain him, police said.Rodriguez’s family claimed he was never combative with officers and was beaten, resulting in his death.

At a press conference, Stillings said Rodriguez took a defensive stance and clenched his fists when officers tried to detain him. He also said an independent witness said the officers did not beat him.

Nair Rodriguez, Luis’ wife, took a video of the altercation, which police confiscated. Stillings said the video is expected to be released today.

Members of the Rodriguez family said the incident started with an argument between Luis Rodriguez’s wife and daughter, Luinahi.

Nair Rodriguez said when she and her daughter were separated after the fight, she tried to get in her car and drive away.

She said her husband was chasing after her to calm her down when police asked him for his identification.

A independent witness. Not the wife. Not a cop.

Updated article: http://newsok.com/moore-police-respond-to-norman-mans-death-outside-warren-theater/article/3934940

Last edited:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll reserve my judgement until after the investigation is complete. I hope the Moore PD will make the report of their investigation public. To often, Police Departments keep these reports private as part of a "Personnel Investigation". This just feeds the Jessie Jackson's of the world that the Police hide or cover things up.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would an offensive stance have kept him alive, or accelerated his demise?

i just want to know how i should act around police.

If you are chasing a woman through a parking lot, at night, and some police officers ask you to stop and identify yourself...don't try to go around them and continue chasing after the woman maybe? Just a wacky thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom