FART Intellidropper Issues tonight…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Loading some .308 tonight with IMR4064. Let the Intellidropper warm up for 30 minutes, calibrated it, powder calibrated it then Went to measure some powder out to make a ladder test and the first 5 at 41.0 grains was perfect. No issues. The second 5 at 41.3 I thought were good until I went to seat a bullet and heard a crunch. After further inspection and measuring with my other scale I found out it was throwing about a grain and a half more than what I input. Decided to pull all the bullets just to make sure and try again.

Second time around my 5 at 41.0 measured fine. Double checked them too.

Did my second 5 at 41.3 and double checked them. Those were good too.

Now my third 5 I measured to 41.6 and got all 5 filled with powder. Inspected them and they looked a little to full… poured the powder out onto the scale and it was 43.0..

I didn’t have a problem when I was using CFE223 powder but I don’t feel like it’s the IMR4064 that’s the problem. Thoughts?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of lighting do you have, sometimes fluorescent lights can mess with electronics. Don't know if LED lights will or not , just know some have ballasts as well. Also a ceiling fan or any fan for that matter. where is the AC vent in relation to your setup.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What kind of lighting do you have, sometimes fluorescent lights can mess with electronics. Don't know if LED lights will or not , just know some have ballasts as well. Also a ceiling fan or any fan for that matter. where is the AC vent in relation to your setup.

Unit was level too just to add the bit of info.

i have a LED light on my workbench right above the unit. AC/heat wasn’t running. Ceiling fan was off. I didn’t have an issue on the first group of rounds I’ve loaded with CFE223. Just weird how it can throw accurately 10 rounds and then it just went funky.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unit was level too just to add the bit of info.

i have a LED light on my workbench right above the unit. AC/heat wasn’t running. Ceiling fan was off. I didn’t have an issue on the first group of rounds I’ve loaded with CFE223. Just weird how it can throw accurately 10 rounds and then it just went funky.
That is why my Hornady is a high dollar trickle charger , was constantly messing with that thing. I use a Lee powder drop now that is way more reliable/ accurate...... Use the Hornady to check the drops on all rifle and every few pistol loads .

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May also want to research what effect LED lights have on electronics , but I know several folks talk about having them on there setup , just do not know what they use for powder drops.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That is why my Hornady is a high dollar trickle charger , was constantly messing with that thing. I use a Lee powder drop now that is way more reliable/ accurate...... Use the Hornady to check the drops on all rifle and every few pistol loads .

May also want to research what effect LED lights have on electronics , but I know several folks talk about having them on there setup , just do not know what they use for powder drops.

ill do some research. Makes me uneasy knowing that it threw 1.5 more grains than desired but was reading the desired weight… put me above the max powder charge according to my manual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom