Favorite firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy came into my shop around 2005-ish and asked me to consign his father's guns. He said there were "maybe a hundred".

I went over with a friend to inventory everything and just about had a stroke. Dad had over 300 M1 rifles and a sizeable number (maybe a couple dozen) of other CMP guns like carbines, 1917s, 1903s, etc.. Then the kid took me outside to the 40' container that was lined with shelves all around the interior walls. There were 10s of thousands of various parts and pieces to all of the US martial arms, I'm pretty sure. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Going thru the Garands we found two with consecutive serial numbers. I think they were HRA rifles. I sold that pair for $5800 and that was almost 20 years ago. I sold this kid's guns a little at a time for almost 4 years. I don't even remember how much $$ they brought in...to him or me. But it was substantial. I don't know what he did with all the parts. I just wasn't equipped to handle that much.

Those two right there are the only other consecutively numbered Garands I've ever seen.

How did you come by those?
Went to an estate auction where 666 was listed. A friend of mine ended up with it. Turns out it is an unfired (since proofing) Type 1 National Match (CMP verified). i bought it from him. Bob Seijas (past GCA founder/president) has a database of T1 NMs and hooked me up with the owner of 665. One thing led to another and a reunion was arranged.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if that is the case, I have three categories.

Those I own now
Those I used to own
Those I wished I owned

Which category do you want?
How about the category with which the OP started the thread? Posts #1, #7, and #10 narrow it down.

We can and should have a fantasy gun list favorite thread...it'd be kinda cool.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the last one I sold, and it’s not the most practical, but it’s probably my favorite gun I’ve bought for myself. Weatherby sa-08 28ga.

IMG_1054.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to an estate auction where 666 was listed. A friend of mine ended up with it. Turns out it is an unfired (since proofing) Type 1 National Match (CMP verified). i bought it from him. Bob Seijas (past GCA founder/president) has a database of T1 NMs and hooked me up with the owner of 665. One thing led to another and a reunion was arranged.
Awesome

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom