FBI switching to 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
35 round package deal ... for some it takes "real science" to tell the difference

i62.tinypic.com_1zductl.jpg

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or a 29 round package deal ... SiG P227 14+1 plus an extra 14 round magazine. Not a particularly bad tradeoff considering the "real science" of over 25% more mass to the target:

35 x 115gr (4025) < 29 x 185gr (5365)

Ay-ay-ay ... Standard mag for P227 is 10rounds, and you don't want to play extended magazine values with 9mm Glocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If 17 > 8 is not comprehensive or concrete in terms of real science, I give up.

P.S. It's not that "dead ain't enough" - it's that pistols suck at making people dead what doesn't get across.

It's interesting that you mock scientific accuracy after you berate people for not having it.

I notice when you have no substance, you just merely resort to a red herring. Bullet design to 9mm vs .45 to now... capacity? I have no argument towards anyone that leans towards capacity in 9mm over .45 in 1911. It is cute however, how many individuals think they are master gunfighters that are going to successfully engage in a gang fight.

P.S. I was also getting to what pistols do vs rifles do in a previous question..... you didn't answer my initial question and were stuck on the wording. To clarify, I don't think anyone argues what rifles do vs pistols. I just can't conceal an AR so it's a moot point that should be obvious.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's interesting that you mock scientific accuracy after you berate people for not having it.

I notice when you have no substance, you just merely resort to a red herring. Bullet design to 9mm vs .45 to now... capacity? I have no argument towards anyone that leans towards capacity in 9mm over .45 in 1911.

I believe you misunderstood pretty much everything I said.

Point A) There IS scientific evidence that 9mm over 45ACP has higher capacity.
Point B) There IS NO scientific evidence that 45ACP offers higher leathality/one-shot stop/incapacitation etc.

I will relentlessly mock and berate people who don't see both or either points.

It is cute however, how many individuals think they are master gunfighters that are going to successfully engage in a gang fight.

Please explain this ... totally uncalled for.

P.S. I was also getting to what pistols do vs rifles do in a previous question..... you didn't answer my initial question and were stuck on the wording. To clarify, I don't think anyone argues what rifles do vs pistols. I just can't conceal an AR so it's a moot point that should be obvious.

What was the question?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you misunderstood pretty much everything I said.

Point A) There IS scientific evidence that 9mm over 45ACP has higher capacity.
Point B) There IS NO scientific evidence that 45ACP offers higher leathality/one-shot stop/incapacitation etc.

I will relentlessly mock and berate people who don't see both or either points.

Please explain this ... totally uncalled for.

What was the question?

Seems you're arguing with yourself on capacity, I didn't bring it up?

The second statement is up to argument and your scientific standard in terms of absolutes are lower than mine, as I've shown. Either way, it's not worth it if critical thinking can't or won't be applied..... berate all you like..... you go on with yo bad self.

Latest posts

Top Bottom