Federal .45ACP Brass With Small Primer Pockets WTF!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew that CCI brass for .45ACP had small primer pockets but this is the first I've seen in Federal. I 've loaded quite a bit of Federal and never seen it until now. Locked up my progressive twice. These were range pickups so can't say which of their product lines have them. Just be aware of it.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought 2 boxes of federal yesterday, and yup they have small primers. Would you reload them the same just with small primers?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I was writing the above post i remembered that about 5 days ago i had put a bunch of .45 acp brass in the tumbler. But i couldnt recall if i ever turned it off. I just ran to the garage and heard it was still on......lol. Picked out one of the brass and it is SHINEY, inside and out. Tumbler was pretty warm too, glad i didnt burn out the motor.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this subject has been covered here before. The change in primers pockets is due to the non-toxic primer material being used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom