Federal Introduces New .30 Super Carry Ammunition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If nothing else it might be a good round for a new Banshee. :)

I watched this video earlier today. I'm not sold on this round for a small pistol but it might do well in a longer barrel PCC type set up.

In the description of this video they state that a Shield Plus will be coming out in this caliber. It will be interesting to see if that happens, and if so, how well it will be received.

It also says that new gun designs will be produced just for this new caliber. Sounds like they are going all in.

Two of the first pistols that will be available for the .30 SC are @Smith & Wesson Inc. M&P Shield Plus and M&P Shield EZ. Compared to a typical 9mm-format pistol, the .30 SC increases capacity by about 20 percent without sacrificing the terminal ballistics of a 9mm. This means the Shield Plus goes from a flush fit 10-plus-one-rounder to a flush fit 12-plus-one-round carry gun without any external difference in pistol size. The Shield EZ bumps up from eight in the magazine to 10 rounds. The next pistols that come to the market for .30 SC will be able to be designed around the cartridge for a reduced footprint without the sacrifice of capacity, shootability or ballistic performance. Designed to carry like a .380 and hit like a 9mm, the .30 Super Carry is poised to make an impact.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If nothing else it might be a good round for a new Banshee. :)

I watched this video earlier today. I'm not sold on this round for a small pistol but it might do well in a longer barrel PCC type set up.

If it would use my existing Glock mags… maybe

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In the description of this video they state that a Shield Plus will be coming out in this caliber. It will be interesting to see if that happens, and if so, how well it will be received.

It also says that new gun designs will be produced just for this new caliber. Sounds like they are going all in.

so possibly another Glock model on the horizon?

Glock model 50 and it’s a .30cal!

Latest posts

Top Bottom