Fence panel blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's late in the season for this, but I only rifle hunt so I still got a couple weeks till time to get out and hunt. I had some old fence panels I've been holding onto so I could do this and just now finding abit of time to work on it. Anyways I built it on my 4x10 trailer and I was hoping to be able to slide it off when I get there but the rail on the back end of the trailer comes in about an inch. I didn't find that out till I had already put a side wall on and screwed it down, so It's staying on the trailer for this season at least. I wanted to build this for free with used material and so far so good, used fence panels, the bottom skids are old fence posts, and I found some old hinges to use for the door. I still need to mount the door and cut windows, and there is some old barn tin I can throw on top keep dryer. It's not water proof any way so no biggie, I just want to have a spot to get out of the cold and out of the tree if I chose. When I take it out there I'm gonna put a strap around it horizontally and then one over the top just to make sure I dont drop any pickets on the highway. Just thought I'd share my little cheap project, I'll post some more pics after I get time to work on it some more and then when I get it out in woods. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• Blind 1.jpg
    Blind 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Blind 2.jpg
    Blind 2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Blind 3.jpg
    Blind 3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 257

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey that is pretty neat ..For moving buildings around and or off of a trailer a few pieces of round pipe work excellent.
Prop that thing up a bit and roll some round pipe under those runners and she will roll off that trailer like it was on skates.

You could staple some clear plastic inside to make it a bit more wind/water proof.

I have some pipe and plastic if you need some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like swamprat's idea of plastic on the inside, but I'd go with black plastic. The deer will be able to see you move inside with the small gaps between the boards.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea on the plastic and legs. I'd like to build another next year framed with 2x4s and plywood (the right way), this is just last minute and incase we get a blizzard.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20151114_211332-1.jpg20151114_211419.jpg
Had to work in the dark, but got a couple small shooting windows put in. Should have made them bigger, but my scrap pile is getting small and running out of old screws to use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom