Translucent poly panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all. I have a wet bar in the house that had the drop ceiling type frosted panels at 7’ with a fluorescent light above. I’ve replaced the fluorescent light with LEDs. The panels were cracked and broken, so I tossed them… not realizing they were non-standard sizes. They’re 26”x26” vs 23.5” for standard drop ceiling panels. Which means all the home supply stores don’t sell what I need. I don’t want clear or I could use lexan. I need something frosted or similar to hide the fixture and finish above them. Any recommendations on where to get that? Local or online. Preferably cut to size, but I can cut if I need to.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, you could get the clear Lexan and the Christmas window frosting spray :D

There are also frosting sprays that you can get for that purpose too --- I forget the brand I have in the garage but it worked well on glass and plexi projects in the past and it was just a spray on type stuff.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
They also make adhesive rolls of frosted stuff with different patterns. I saw the display at Lowe’s a while back

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use fine sandpaper on the inside of the plexi or Lexan you decide to use. It won't take a lot of sanding to get it "frosted". I've done it before with great results.

Woody

Oops! Sorry Bahick71. I posted my reply before I read the thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom