Fire at Hodges Trucking in Elk City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a nasty one. Two people hurt as far as I know, and I do not know how bad.
Rumor has it a vac truck driver was going to unload some condensate and didn't connect a ground. AND THAT'S ALL THAT IS, RUMOR at this time.
KOCO has a real top notch photo on their website.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one is handling flammables, particularly in this dry weather, grounding/bonding isn't just for sissies.

There used to be an excellent boat motor guy who had a shop on North MacArthur. His name was Mike Gonzalez, and unfortunately he died several years ago. Once when I was picking up a motor we got to talking about fire safety, and he said "A. J. Foyt told me that fire will make a dead man get up and walk."

Condensate is one of the nastiest flammables. Burns the hell out of valves in old chevys too. Don't ask how I know . . . CB

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy that runs the yard there at Elk. He was off work, but called in this morning. I hope to get more details later. I am praying that nobody I know was there at the time. I was told this morning that two was thought to be dead, but I do not know this for fact.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TV at 6:00 said two treated, nothing major, fire will have to burn itself out, but as powerman said, it's contained.

Very fortunate that no one died or was badly burned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom