Firehouse Subs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only been to a Firehouse Subs once down in College Station Tx. Wasn't bad, but I wasn't blown away either. Better than subway, which isn't saying much. If there was one nearby I'd be up for giving them another shot.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still in the "deciding whether it's a good idea" phase. I've been reviewing the Financial Disclosure info that the company sent me and their business model requires a TON of volume before there's any profitability. The profit margins are very thin in the lower volume stores and it would be hard to make a decent living without outperforming the "average" store. The good news is that I have very little debt (with potential to be debt free if I sell my current residence to relocate to a residence that I already own outright) so I wouldn't need to make a ton of money in order to live well.

I'm having a hard time deciding between Midwest city and Norman (if I do it at all). Midwest city near tinker would virtually guarantee high volume while Norman would yield a slightly higher profit margin. I don't know how well a store on campus corner would do in terms of volume (football season excluded), but the existing restaurants there seem to be doing well enough.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the one here in Tulsa. Taste fresher than some of the other sub places. If I am going to eat a sub then I usually go to the here in Tulsa.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After further review, I noticed that I'd overlooked something significant. The profitability statements given in the disclosure documentation are all from corporate stores and management compensation is included in operating expenses. No franchisee data is presented. Since I'd be a franchisee/general manager my profits "should" be 35-40K higher than those reported by corporate stores. I'm starting to like the idea a little more.

What do you guys think? If I do this should I go with MWC or Norman?

Latest posts

Top Bottom