Firehouse Subs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to eat at one in Pensacola all the time. If there was one outside of Tinker, there would be a pretty good lunch rush, lots of people go off base to eat, including me. Hook & Ladder FTW!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Jersey Mike's. It's hard for me to imagine a better sub than what they make.

Loved firehouse when I was in FL way better than subway and better options than quiznos what really sold me was the hot sauce bar...so when and where are you opening up ;)

I like firehouse. I think they have some pretty interesting sub choices that are a little different. My favorite by far and away is Jersey Mike's also. I'd open one of those in a heartbeat if I was in a position to do so financially.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is that the Chick-fil-A just north of Tinker has got to be one of the busiest fast food joints I've ever seen. That place is packed, the owner must be banking.

I love chic-fil-a but i will not fight the Tinker crowd for it.

I fully agree. I love some chic-fil-a but I won't go there for lunch and for now I'm part of the Tinker crowd.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soonerwings said:
I was curious. I saw your location listed as Norman and thought she must REALLY love those sandwiches to haul you 2-3 hours (one way) to get one on a regular basis.

I'm in flight school right now, I will soon be returning to Norman though. Thank goodness. The only good thing about this place is it's proximity to the beach. There are some interesting eateries here besides just Firehouse. Zaxby's being my favorite.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You like Zaxby's over Raisin Canes? I was stationed in GA for a while and never really developed the affinity for that place that most people out there seemed to have. However, I did take a liking to Bourbon whiskey, good cigars, and real sweet tea while I was out that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom