Firehouse Subs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the heat wasn't killing us we would still be outside doing our drive-thru play during lunch. I refuse to hurt any of my people due to the heat index we have been running. Anyway, I have ate at Jimmy Johns, Firehouse, Jersey Mikes, Subway and Quizno's. I would say my two favorite are Firehouse Subs and Jersey Mikes. The only thing I don't like about Firehouse is all the sauces. I believe MWC has growth potential but location is key. If Jersey Mikes on Air Depot had better access/parking they would be doing much better.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe MWC has growth potential but location is key. If Jersey Mikes on Air Depot had better access/parking they would be doing much better.

Agreed. It's hard to find real estate over there that has adequate parking which is essential when you need to push high volumes of product. Granted, Campus Corner doesn't have much parking either but I've been wondering if all the foot traffic around that area would make up for it.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Falcones and Calico Joes both failed in MWC because of location IMHO. I think I have been back to Norman three times since I graduated so I can't speak to the area as much as I can MWC. If you do pursue a store in MWC drop me a line, I know some people who could shed some light on traffic patterns and growth potential.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firehouse subs are IMO quite good for fast food. All my experience was in valdosta, GA and Gainesville, FL and the 4-5 stores I have dined at were uniformly good. One of the stores had what I call the Holy Grail of Coca-Cola machines - it allowed diners to custom order/mix their soft drinks. It was sort of like a high-tech juke box for drinks. That would wow diners but I've was told it is very expensive. The store that had it was a corporate owned/run store - I guess they aren't all franchises. Good luck with your business plans.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soonerwings said:
You like Zaxby's over Raisin Canes? I was stationed in GA for a while and never really developed the affinity for that place that most people out there seemed to have. However, I did take a liking to Bourbon whiskey, good cigars, and real sweet tea while I was out that way.

No. I prefer Cane's to Zaxby's, but I quite enjoy Zaxby's. Also, I lied. Cheeburger Cheeburger is my favorite restaurant in these parts.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firehouse is OK. Better than Subway, about Lenny's or Quizno's or Jimmy Johns level. Not as good as Jersey Mike's.

The draw to Firehouse is they have tons of hot sauces to try on the sub. Like, 40 or 50 I think last I saw. Kinda cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom