Firehouse Subs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jimmie Johns was decent but I would never go back unless I was going with others.

Before I moved to California about 9 yrs ago there was this good sub shop on N May Ave right off the expressway buy the Eyemart, Best Buy, and Guitar Center. I think it was called Sub One or something and they had the best subs (particularly the bread) that I ever tasted.

If someone has been there before and knows if they relocated or something please let me know.

Last edited:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Falcones and Calico Joes both failed in MWC because of location IMHO. I think I have been back to Norman three times since I graduated so I can't speak to the area as much as I can MWC. If you do pursue a store in MWC drop me a line, I know some people who could shed some light on traffic patterns and growth potential.

Thanks! If MWC is the winner I'll definitely drop you a line. There are a TON of "ifs" involved when deciding whether/when/where to start up a business.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In honor of this thread I stopped at Firehouse today and had dinner. Can't remember which one I had, New York something, I think? Corned beef and pastrami.... mmm mmm good. It was delicious! A little pricey at $10+ for a footlong sammich, chips and a drink, but I could see myself stopping there frequently if we had one in town.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love chic-fil-a but i will not fight the Tinker crowd for it.

You're not kidding. I'm not sure if you saw it there during its first 6-12 months, but it was even worse then. Tinker employees LOVE Chick Fila! I've had to wait in line out on the sidewalk before.

Falcones and Calico Joes both failed in MWC because of location IMHO. I think I have been back to Norman three times since I graduated so I can't speak to the area as much as I can MWC. If you do pursue a store in MWC drop me a line, I know some people who could shed some light on traffic patterns and growth potential.

I knew Calico Joes failed, which sucked since it was an ok burger joint within driving distance of Tinker (the Hell Burger was pretty tasty, as was the wait staff), even though it was nothing that re-wrote the books. I think that building is just cursed, I really liked Taco Del Mar and was sad to see it go.

My previous boss was a New Englander and loved NY style pizza. We would go to Falcone's quite often because it was the best NY style pizza in MWC. But on Fridays, or days that it didn't matter if we were late since we were with the boss man, we'd go down to NY Pizza in/on/around campus corner. I preferred that over Falcone's and the owner is friends with my boss, that guy hated that Falcone dude.

As far as subs go, I prefer Jersey Mike's. I'll usually try something different each time, but I always get it "Mike's Way". As far as sandwiches go, Schlotzkey's is my go to spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom