fireworks permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether the city of Tulsa should offer permits for fireworks in the city limits?
I'm opposed to having to pay for a permit, as I think it should be allowed anywhere that it's safe.

What say you?

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got at least 15 cops in my neighborhood, 4-5 within a 2 block radius. There are fireworks every 4th, some across the street from a cop, and several days before and affer the 4th, nothing is said or done. Doesn't bother me personally, but if there is a law then it should be enforced otherwise get rid of the law, makes me no difference, just don't like double standards.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having lived in BA for almost 10 years now I look at it as a "convenience" fee, but I would hope some of the money goes to pay to have extra LEO's and firefighters on duty that night.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having lived in BA for almost 10 years now I look at it as a "convenience" fee, but I would hope some of the money goes to pay to have extra LEO's and firefighters on duty that night.

It doesn't. Fireworks have been illegal in Okc for many years. The last seven years of my time on the FD were as a Fire Marshal. We were ordered every year to work July 4th and New Years eve to issue permits for the big displays, Downtown Okc, some of the churches, etc. In between times, we were ordered to confiscate all fireworks we came in contact with and issue citations.

Over that seven years, the only ones I ever confiscated were the ones I had received specific complaints about or people being totally stupid. Drunks shooting fireworks at cars, throwing them at other peoples houses or each other, out the car windows driving down the road.

A little booze, small explosives and a lack of brains is not a good combination.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it was cool that in Mustang you can shoot off all the fireworks you want. After several hours of the constant "bombardment" and smoke permeating everything it gets pretty bad. This year we are going out to my cousins house where we can enjoy the 4th in relative peace and quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom