First outing with Model 586 6"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took this 6" Model 586 I got in a trade last weekend to the range today and got it sighted in at 15 yds then proceeded to drop 'em all in the 10 ring! Wow, what a sweet revolver! I like the blued 586 more than the stainless 686 for some reason. This baby can flat shoot!

That Smith trigger on this gun is a work of art. Not a gun I wanna carry all day, but for pure shooting pleasure, this one is tought to beat!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I took this 6" Model 586 I got in a trade last weekend to the range today and got it sighted in at 15 yds then proceeded to drop 'em all in the 10 ring! Wow, what a sweet revolver! I like the blued 586 more than the stainless 686 for some reason. This baby can flat shoot!

That Smith trigger on this gun is a work of art. Not a gun I wanna carry all day, but for pure shooting pleasure, this one is tought to beat!

Congrat's on the S&W L-frame!! Now that you've got one, you'll want more, there is no turning back, there is no hope, you have been bitten, and its lethal, the only cure is to buy another(NO-LOCK) S&W revolver!!

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree. I have a 6" 586 as well and I love it.

[Broken External Image]

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen and shot a 4" 586 with a matte finish on it from the factory. That gun was from the early 1990's and it had one of the smoothest actions that I have ever seen or experienced on any S&W revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom