First Time Success Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am a board member of the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program. This past year I coordinated hunts near Ardmore, and Blair. 6 of 7 kids harvested their first deer during Oklahoma Youth Hunting Season. I personally guided one young man on his hunt. Jacob harvested a nice doe. 20141017_093134.jpg
The hunts below are not part of the OYHP hunts.
Rifle season was upon us in November and it was started off with a friend of mine harvesting his first deer. Chris harvested a big doe! 20141122_164802.jpg The next night I took out a couple young men. A different Jacob and his brother Andrew. Andrew harvested a nice doe, and Jacob missed his shot that night, but would redeem himself later in season. 20141129_154336.jpg Next up Dawson, made a great shot on a doe and missed a really nice 4.5 year old buck. IMG_4321.jpg 2 days later, I was in the woods with Jacob and his brother Andrew again. The activity was slow at first, but before sunset, we had deer coming out at every direction. Jacob made a great shot this time and harvested a really nice doe. Pic in next post. 4 .jpg file limits per post.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jacob and his doe. 20141206_182154-1.jpg

It was a great season and I am very grateful to a part of all these new hunters success. It was exhausting and a lot of miles. During the youth season, I was on the hunt location near Ardmore from Thursday until Sunday at noon. Sunday night I was NW of Mangum pulling blinds and them down to Blair to pick up more blinds.

During the regular deer season, I only had 3 days off work. I had many early early mornings to work and a some late nights processing deer. Even with all of the exhausting work and expenses, I can't wait for next year!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man you were busy.
Congrats to all those that got a deer especially their first one.. that is just awesome.
keep up the great work.
2 thumbs up to you Oklahomabassin!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom