Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not much, but first fish of the season for me. I let him go right after this, since he was the only one I could convince to bite.View attachment 469632
Nice one! I have a three fish rule.
If three aren't in the live well, they go back at the end of the day.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out yesterday evening and did so so… it appears that the largemouths are prowling the shallows in my area. I caught a few sandbass but were small males, couple small crappie, a few 12”-14” bass, etc.. threw everything back right away. For me, fishing has still been slow this year.

Went out for a bit this morning but battling the winds was a PITA and I said hell with it. Might try again this evening

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out for a bit this evening. Kept a few whitebass… they’re smaller than I’d normally like to keep but I went ahead and kept a handful because things have been so slow so far this spring. I threw a ton back. Caught a couple small crappie too.

Interesting note: the whitebass bite was really slow UNTIL the sun went down. Then they fired up and were bitting like crazy after sunset! Into full darkness. Then about 45mins after dark the bite just shut off again.

So don’t always leave as soon as the sun sets! Whitebass and crappie often turn on after dark
IMG_3707.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out yesterday evening and did so so… it appears that the largemouths are prowling the shallows in my area. I caught a few sandbass but were small males, couple small crappie, a few 12”-14” bass, etc.. threw everything back right away. For me, fishing has still been slow this year.

Went out for a bit this morning but battling the winds was a PITA and I said hell with it. Might try again this evening
The wildlife department is encouraging fishermen to take those largemouth home for the dinner table now.
Catch and release has kind of backfired for that specie. Way too many small to mid sized bass are competing for the same forage so they aren't getting the growth that is expected in most lakes.
There are exceptions I'm sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom