Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch1966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out today with my best friend.
We caught around 15 between us.

Here we are working on a double:
dfjEmUG.jpg

And he had big fish with a nice 5-14.

39DRYuR.jpg

Great day!

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went down to the Little River again yesterday. Still no Sand Bass. I can't figure it out. I've been going down there twice a week since the 2nd week of March.
Tough when it’s like that.. What baits/techniques are you using? I’m not convinced that the sandies always go up tributaries during spawn. I see them swarming rip rap on dams spawning like crazy all the time.

Hell a couple nights ago I was being surrounded by schools of them and they were definitely spawning in rocks. But they weren’t too interested in biting. Only the dinks would bite and the big ones had zero interest in my lures

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got into a bunch spawning 2 times now in the Arkansas river.
3rd time the spawn was about over and just got a few 10 or so.
All in the gravely bottoms and in the rocks.

Tried jigs of many kinds as did 3 other buddies that told me they can catch them on jigs any time they are spawning.

Yea they pulled those jigs off and did what I have been doing to put fish on the stringers.

Cut shad on a 2/0 Eagle claw hook 186F or the plain shank 084F.
Small pieces of shad. Hook large enough to expose plenty of it.

They did not want any jigs or spinners or curly tail grubs.
There was that odd 1 or 2 at the most that you would get on a jig but guy next to you pulling them in as soon as the bait hit the bottom will make you cut jigs off.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough when it’s like that.. What baits/techniques are you using? I’m not convinced that the sandies always go up tributaries during spawn. I see them swarming rip rap on dams spawning like crazy all the time.

Hell a couple nights ago I was being surrounded by schools of them and they were definitely spawning in rocks. But they weren’t too interested in biting. Only the dinks would bite and the big ones had zero interest in my lures
Calling the wrong number. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom