Fixed Blade EDC Knife suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in a fixed blade (straight edged) knife to carry for defense, but also utility (work etc.). I would prefer the case to be kydex, but if not I can make one. I also want it to be smaller for EDC, so it doesn't stand out. Blade around 2-3". I carry 1 or more guns 24/7, so this is not to replace that, don't get me wrong. Also, I have a Ka-Bar TDI. I'm just looking for a strong, durable, quality, straight edged knife. Please send me suggestions. brands/models
Thanks

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry this little guy. But it is strictly for self defense. I do not cut anything with it.
http://www.crkt.com/Folts-Minimalist-Bowie-Razor-Edge-Knife

2387_folts_minimalist_bowie_blade.jpg

you would probably like this one better
http://www.crkt.com/Folts-Minimalist-Neck-Knife-Razor-Sharp-Edge
PAOHIDPOALOEDAHC.jpg

It is cheap, you do not have to worry about losing it or even sharpening it. Just buy a new one. They run about $25.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in a fixed blade (straight edged) knife to carry for defense, but also utility (work etc.). I would prefer the case to be kydex, but if not I can make one. I also want it to be smaller for EDC, so it doesn't stand out. Blade around 2-3". I carry 1 or more guns 24/7, so this is not to replace that, don't get me wrong. Also, I have a Ka-Bar TDI. I'm just looking for a strong, durable, quality, straight edged knife. Please send me suggestions. brands/models
Thanks

Maybe a Bill Coye Ridgeback?

http://coyeknives.com/portfolio-view/ridgeback/

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Price point is your next decision. The TDI is a very good knife at the lower end of the price point. The Izula II is a great step up. The Ridgeback is an excellent knife but I were to jump to that price point I would buy a Shivworks Clinch Pick. Cue said it best though your defense knife should only be your defense knife and not do double duty of work or utility. You may end up like me and own all of the above before you find the right one.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been carrying an izula for years now. 2.88" blade, skeletonized handle, you can wrap with paara cord or buy scales from esee or from the-knife-connection. sharp, tough 1095 steel with the best warranty in the business. they come with a great sheath. injection molded, though, not kydex.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Izula II is fantastic. The stock sheath is a little bulky, but you can get a leather or kydex one for fairly cheap. I like the scales, but you can leave them off to save a little weight/bulk.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Izula II is fantastic. The stock sheath is a little bulky, but you can get a leather or kydex one for fairly cheap. I like the scales, but you can leave them off to save a little weight/bulk.

I wear mine with the clip on the inside of my belt at 8:30ish and can cover it with anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom