Flashing Your Headlights To Warn Other Drivers: Free Speech OR Justified Ticket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only warn the a holes that are on the other side with their fog lights and high beams on blinding the crap out of me. You're on your own, I don't warn crap.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done it in the past and probably will in the future, if I'm in the mood.
If i got caught, I would expect a ticket.
I think it follows aong the same line of reasoning (and my law degree is from T G & Y) as a radar jammer being illegal but a radar detector not.
If I'm speeding I usually know it and if I get busted I have no ill will to the officer that did it. That being said I do my best to get out of it, I stop as soon as I think I'm busted and I get out, keep my hands in plain view and walk back to the vehicle. I address the officer in a manner that I would any one else, no better or worse than I would talk to mechanic or doctor.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I flashed my lights one night at an oncoming car in an attempt to get the person to slow down to avoid hitting a cow in the road. Turned out the car I was flashing was a police car. He drove by me without slowing. I turned around to follow him and continued trying to warn him. Finally I see him hit the brakes hard. Unfortunately he is about were I'd seen the cow. As I pulled up, I see the officer being chased around his car by an angry cow. Turns out he'd seen me flashing but had no idea what I wanted. He then barely bumped into the cow. When he got out to check on her she began chasing him around the car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom