Flashing Your Headlights To Warn Other Drivers: Free Speech OR Justified Ticket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either way I accomplishes the same goal. It slows them down...... Temporarily I wouldn't go so far as to say it's okay, but it's not necissarily wrong either... Gray area. I have flashed my lights in warnin on occasion, especially the places that are well known for being vigorous in their persuit of ticketng( example is valley Brooke). In the particular case ofthis lawsuit, all thy had to do was go to court and the judge would throw the ticket out so what is he truly tryin to get.... Money plain and simple.... Do the people that actually just paid the fine deserve together their money back? I dunno that's what we have the court system for.... Albeit greatly abused... Just m .02
--Mech

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous reason to get a ticket, but whether I utilize it to warn other drivers depends entirely on my mood. If the jackasses are out that day there's no way I'm warning another jackass. But if I'm in a good mood, sure, I'll warn them.

But, and this is particularly true on surface roads, if they're going waaaaay too fast, not just 5-10 over in safe conditions, I refuse to warn them. If you're driving 65 in a 40 you deserve to be stopped.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make it a point to always warn my fellow motorers of a speed trap if I can. I think it's a common courtesy and the police should not be able to have any say in it. They are setting speed traps to stop speeding, when lights are flashed it stops speeding. The speeder just doesn't have to pay a fine for his mistake. Peer correction; it's a beautiful thing. Go America.

That being said, I know I can be ticketed for it and accept the risk, it's all about risk management.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on if it's in the left lane or not. :igetit:

I think sometimes people flash their lights to make other people slow down even when there are no radar nets in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom