Flashlight Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my old school halogen rechargeable flashlight broke the other day. I'm looking for a rechargeable light that is, well, blinding like the sun, bright white,with a good run time. Any good suggestions ?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Klarus XT12 is a nice rechargeable flashlight. 930 lumens and comes with a rechargeable battery and a very simple to use magnetic charging cord that works off of any USB.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fenix PD35 or Nitecore P12

They use either two 123 batteries or single 18650 batteries. You can get both battery types that are rechargeable and the chargers on eBay.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than the idea that batteries are expensive, what is your reason for wanting a rechargeable light?

Let me tell you a little story. :blahblah:

One night while on duty, I was assisting another agency look for an escapee. I had my handy, dandy, rusty, trusty Streamlight Ultra Stinger in hand. I got about a 1/4 mile from my patrol car when 'poof' the damned thing went dead.

With all the dignity I could muster, I walked back to my cruiser, tail sunk between my legs and went home to put my light on the charger. A few days later, an officer from another agency introduced me to the Surefire brand of flashlights and I haven't looked back.

The biggest argument I hear is that the CR123 lithium batteries don't last long and they are too expensive. Not really. If you use your FLASHlight (hence the word FLASH) properly, the battery life will last longer than you think. As for the expensive part? You can buy 'em by the dozen for around 20 bucks.

If I woulda had a Surefire and a couple of spares with me that night, I woulda stayed in the hunt.

Just an idea.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great ideas Above - Klarus, Fenix, JetBeam are probably my favorite for Nice Spill to hot spot. Klarus models may have the 'poor' memory - not staying on your selected setting by design (XT11s). Fenix LD22 is great size and AA rechargeable..... Fenix TK22 is my favorite due to quality spill/hot spot and memory....... I want to try a newer Jetbeam to see how they've improved things like the RRT or WL-S4

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Streamlight just released the Protac 1L-AA, takes a CR123A, or a AA. Obviously brightness varies depending on battery. You could use RCR123A's (I assume), or rechargeables, like eneloops.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use eneloops for some items, but instructions state" not for use in sealed watertight compartments like flashlights" idk, maybe risk of exploding...

Latest posts

Top Bottom