Florida Alert: YETI Drops NRA Foundation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several Yeti products and I'll be damned if I'm going to destroy them. As to some of the other products being of the same quality, the materials are simply not the same. I have bought several to have engraved for various life events for friends, family and lodge brothers. Thinking they were all the same, I purchased an RTIC tumbler, took it to my favorite engraver. He told me he had to be extremely careful not to burn through the stainless with his laser engraver since it was much thinner than the Yeti.

I also have both Yeti and Magellan coolers, the Yeti outperforms the Magellan. That being said, I will wait to see what the "truth" is before I purchase Yeti products in the future but I will not be destroying the stuff I have already paid hard earned cash for.
Lots of independent tests confirming Grizzly coolers equal to or better than Yeti. Made in USA and lifetime warranty. Can’t say that about Yeti. Oh, and also a lot cheaper than Yeti.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of all the luck, YETI just can't win for losing. This was last month. YETI just isn't very convincing on the staunch 2A support, IMO. They seem to be going along, but kicking and screaming.

So I called and spoke with their attorney. He said he wasn’t going to debate or discuss the issue and licensed holders are not allowed in the building. I guess they aren’t as pro gun as they say they are.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/27/yeti-flagship-store-bars-concealed-open-carriers-backtracks/

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like their press release doesn’t match this, a little damage control going on at YETI

“In early March, Yeti refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida,” said Hammer, going on to say the company then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was ending a seven-year agreement and demanded that the gun group remove the Yeti name and logo from the NRA’s websites and print material.

“While Yeti is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts,” Hammer said. “While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.”

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone in the PR Department in YETI is getting fired! The backlash against YETI started on social media Friday night and really took off over the weekend. Yet, YETI waits until Tuesday afternoon to send an email to customers and to the Washington Post? Absolutely ridiculous! If it was a "misunderstanding" as YETI claims, YETI should have been in front of this over the weekend instead of waiting until Tuesday.
See YYY AAA, that is what Yeti is doing at the moment.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of independent tests confirming Grizzly coolers equal to or better than Yeti. Made in USA and lifetime warranty. Can’t say that about Yeti. Oh, and also a lot cheaper than Yeti.

Thanks. I'll check them out. Still won't be destroying what I've already paid for though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom