Florida - New Permitless Carry for Qualified Citizens Signed into Law - How is this Constitutional Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The criminals dont care about the law. The cops have to find out what they are dealing at each enter action just like before the new law.

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any cop, has been cop, or wannbe cop that says they’re for this is a d*mn liar.
I’ve had a TX CHL since 1996, and every time I’ve been stopped for speeding, I get treated like I‘m a suspect in the convenience store robbery down the street. If they treat a guy that they know has a permit and has had the background checks and training, how are they going to walk up on a vehicle they have no idea if the person has a weapon or not?

I’m not nor will I ever be for constitutional carry, because there’s too many nut jobs and karens in the world today that have absolutely no business having a gun much less carrying one.

I’m for increasing the requirements to get a carry permit too, because if my mother in law that’s never handled or shot a gun in her life can pass the TX CHL class, it’s too d*mn easy.

I used to carry to defend myself and my family from criminals, but I carry now in case I have to defend myself from criminals and/or constitutional carriers.
So you believe that people are only eligible to protect themselves in public as long as they pass a test, get a paper and get put on a registry?

How often have you faced down a threatening non-permitted concealed carrier?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you believe that people are only eligible to protect themselves in public as long as they pass a test, get a paper and get put on a registry?

How often have you faced down a threatening non-permitted concealed carrier?
Not the registry BS again! :lmfao:
I’m saying if people want to protect themselves in public they should take some initiative and get off their lazy @sses and get at least a little training, and a d*mn CHL class isn’t much.

I don’t care if everyone “owns” a gun, but I don’t believe everyone should be able to carry one in public. Heck, I’m even for non violent felons having their right to own guns restored after serving their time.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a TX CHL since 1996, and every time I’ve been stopped for speeding, I get treated like I‘m a suspect in the convenience store robbery down the street. If they treat a guy that they know has a permit and has had the background checks and training, how are they going to walk up on a vehicle they have no idea if the person has a weapon or not?

I’m not nor will I ever be for constitutional carry, because there’s too many nut jobs and karens in the world today that have absolutely no business having a gun much less carrying one.

I’m for increasing the requirements to get a carry permit too, because if my mother in law that’s never handled or shot a gun in her life can pass the TX CHL class, it’s too d*mn easy.

I used to carry to defend myself and my family from criminals, but I carry now in case I have to defend myself from criminals and/or constitutional carriers.
Yikes.

I have a retired police commission. I'm not lying when I say I'm for NO RESTRICTIONS except while incarcerated. If it were up to me, one could push a grocery cart with an AK slung on one's back. It's not the guns I'm scared of, it's the morons and evil-doers. Poor decisisions will always be made by poor decision-makers. Evil actions will always be performed by evil actors. Those decisions and actions aren't eliminated by making them "illegal".

Incidentally, thanks for identifying your need for control of others. You won't get my vote for so much as HOA social media coordinator. And, consider this as notice of trespass inside my fence.

This thread will get ugly. Your only hope is to claim your account was hacked. I wish you well.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I support constitutional carry. As far as the actual impact it makes in the real world as to who carries and who doesnt, probably very little.

But it restores a fundamental right, which is not a small thing.

There are people that shouldn't carry, sure. We should do what we can to influence that. If your mother inlaw shouldn't, convince her of that. Show her why she shouldn't.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When I was an instructor most of the "Karen's and Kyles" were papered.
I now travel extensively for work and out of all the instances of ignorant actions I have seen first hand with firearms involved a vast majority of them were by those who " Passed the test and are now experts."
I know it is not your intention but those are the comments than the anti 2nd people crawl sites like this for and use as "ammunition" in their arguments.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes.

I have a retired police commission. I'm not lying when I say I'm for NO RESTRICTIONS except while incarcerated. If it were up to me, one could push a grocery cart with an AK slung on one's back. It's not the guns I'm scared of, it's the morons and evil-doers. Poor decisisions will always be made by poor decision-makers. Evil actions will always be performed by evil actors. Those decisions and actions aren't eliminated by making them "illegal".

Incidentally, thanks for identifying your need for control of others. You won't get my vote for so much as HOA social media coordinator. And, consider this as notice of trespass inside my fence.

This thread will get ugly. Your only hope is to claim your account was hacked. I wish you well.
" This thread will get ugly. Your only hope is to claim your account was hacked. I wish you well. "

One may or may not agree with what retrieverman said (post #9) but I didn't spend years in the military 'defending' the rights of just some people or only those that I agree with.

Personally I think that retrieverman has made a valid point about the idioticy of allowing anyone with a heartbeat to carry weapons in public. In a perfect world everyone, even gun owners, would be safety conscious and responsible to a fault when it comes to their firearms, but we know that this is not reality.

It's worrisome enough having to deal with a potential armed robber in a store, but also having to be constantly on guard against your 'fellow shopper' in the next aisle over, is beyond pale.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" This thread will get ugly. Your only hope is to claim your account was hacked. I wish you well. "

One may or may not agree with what retrieverman said (post #9) but I didn't spend years in the military 'defending' the rights of just some people or only those that I agree with.

Personally I think that retrieverman has made a valid point about the idioticy of allowing anyone with a heartbeat to carry weapons in public. In a perfect world everyone, even gun owners, would be safety conscious and responsible to a fault when it comes to their firearms, but we know that this is not reality.

It's worrisome enough having to deal with a potential armed robber in a store, but also having to be constantly on guard against your 'fellow shopper' in the next aisle over, is beyond pale.
So, your account was hacked, too?

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No disrespect intended but to use your military service as a merit point to elevate your opinion to make it somehow more of a fact than just an opinion is very for lack of a better term "Vet Bro".
Curious as to your opinion on us slimy civies owning AR-15 rifles really is?

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I support the 2nd amendment and your right to defend yourself and those around you, but only if you follow what I and the government have deemed the appropriate path of classes and tithes to the government."

I am all for people getting the proper training, I fully advocate it but to say they shouldn't be allowed to exercise their 2nd Amendment right without doing so is wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom