Flying to the UK - checking a handgun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that I cannot legally carry concealed in the UK. I am visiting Scotland this summer and I'm wondering about the ramifications of transporting a hand gun in my checked luggage on the trip. I'm clueless and would like to know the legality.

Thanks

B

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that I cannot legally carry concealed in the UK. I am visiting Scotland this summer and I'm wondering about the ramifications of transporting a hand gun in my checked luggage on the trip. I'm clueless and would like to know the legality.

Thanks

B

as far I know you will not be able to take it with since your destination will not allow them. Hell I can even carry overseas unless I have special permission from the local PD's and the governing agency of them.

I had a chance to go to england for some driver training, I was told not to bring my duty pistol since I was not qualified on their standard. Thats what sucks about armed/unarmed police deal.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always consult with the foreign governments regulations for any travel restrictions. Very few if any foreign countries would allow a handgun to be brought. Most will require some type of paperwork and approval before bringing a long gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom