FN FN-15 TACTICAL II - any experience with one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not. Experience with one that is. Only experience is with ones I’ve built. But a friend is selling one. Just wondering about accuracy and if they justify the $1,400 asking price? Barrel looks good (weight & hammer-forged) and handguard/mounting look like good features. But trigger and bolt don’t seem to be anything special. If they had a reputation for accuracy that would be of interest. Any thoughts?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
They are a USG contractor and supply weapons, parts, maintenance etc. Out of all the other gun manufacturers, they knocked off Colt and everyone else for the big Army contracts. That's why. I don't know if it justifies a $1400 price tag. Maybe $1k.

If you get one, just know you can wear it out and probably not have a single problem ever unless you are trying to make it better. Betterizing stuff that ain't broke usually breaks it.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are a USG contractor and supply weapons, parts, maintenance etc. Out of all the other gun manufacturers, they knocked off Colt and everyone else for the big Army contracts. That's why. I don't know if it justifies a $1400 price tag. Maybe $1k.

If you get one, just know you can wear it out and probably not have a single problem ever unless you are trying to make it better. Betterizing stuff that ain't broke usually breaks it.
I see in their higher end models they add a better trigger. That might be worth some research but everything else I’d leave as is.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well barring any other dissuading posts this may be fodder for the “Anybody get anything cool that is gun related today?” thread:-)

Unless, that is, somebody lists a sweet Marlin early model 1897. How is that for a swing in different directions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom