Fnp 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing an FNP-9 and was wondering if anyone here has any good/bad things to say about them. I've read some good things elsewhere but want some more input.

Thanks

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a few of them now and they are fantastic handguns. You also can't beat their customer service. I bought a used one once that had a tiny crack in trigger housing and had to send it back. They came to my door, picked it up and had it back to me in less than a week and a half at no cost to me.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only complaints were that the placement of the safety/de-cocker was totally in the wrong place for my hands (YMMV), so I would de-cock the gun with a thumbs-high grip in the middle of shooting (not good).

The back of the sides of the grip weren't really textured well if you do a lot of shooting and your hands start sweating - it was a little slippery, but it never slipped out of my hand while shooting or holstering/unholstering.

I miss both of the FNP-9s I used to own - they were good guns (reliable/accurate).

It felt a lot like an HK USP 9mm that was made for folks with normal hands (save the de-cocker/safety placement).

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information; I"m still thinking about it; just can't decide between the FNP and a CZ P-01 (used to have one and sold it about 4 years ago)

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a fnp 40. really like it. the double action pull is kind of long but you can get use to it. the single action pull is good.

i think it is a well made gun. maybe more for the military or leo arena due to the long double action trigger pull - safety.

shoots smooth and accurate.

the mag are about $36 + shipping. they are $49 at bass pro.

let me know if you want one. i may be able to get you one at a really good price. what price are you looking at now?

DORR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an FNP9 USG and my experience mirrored EZ Bake's. I shoot thumbs high and because of the design of the safety/decocker on that model it was very easy for a high thumb during recoil or a hard downward sweep of the safety on a draw to turn into a decock.

If the USG had an HK style safety I would have kept that one and bought another because it fit like a glove and was wonderfully accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom