For her first gun, my wife asks for a peach of a gun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyway, my wife doesn't shoot or own a single gun(unless you consider what mine is hers etc) but you get the picture. I wanted to get her a lcp or something for a while now and she doesn't like the way it looks so..

Yesterday nights conversation:

Her: Honey.
Me; What now?
Her: I want a gun. And I know which one.
Me; OK, so you changed your mind about the LCP I wanted to get you?
Her: No. It's dumb. I dont like that one. What I want is a Desert Eagle 50 cal

Me: (turns head cocked sideways/lifts one eyebrow) Dooo whuuuuuut?
Her: I want 50 cal desert eagle.
Me: (explodes into laughter) hahahhahhhahhaahahaaaa No, and where did you hear about an eagle?
Her: It was on one of my shows.
Me: (mumbling which houswives of what rich county is it this time?) and No. You need a 22 up to 9mm.
Me: Tell you what darling. I will take you to the gunshop and let you handle some pistols to see what feels right.
Her: Ok. So I can have the Desert Eagle if they have one?
Me: We'll see. (as I smirk)

Fast forward to today:
\ We got her a walther p22 and she is happy....... It's a perfect fit.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why don't you let her make up her mind and not say this is what you need...you sound like a lot of what is wrong with getting women into shooting.

the LCP isn't the easiest shooting gun and if she wanted bigger then by all means let her try. saying 22 to 9mm is just laughable without knowing her already.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Zombie:

Because she is new to shooting and I have shot the 50 cal eagle and it is not for her. She held numerous guns and chose the p22. Not me, And she loves it. She probably shot 100 rounds today alone.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zombie:

Because she is new to shooting and I have shot the 50 cal eagle and it is not for her. She held numerous guns and chose the p22. Not me, And she loves it. She probably shot 100 rounds today alone.

the p22 is a nice shooter I hear...and I don't doubt the 50 cal isn't a handful and not for her...but starting off saying she needs a 380 or 9mm is a bit ridiculous to me

just my opinion and this is the internet so take it as that.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
zombie does have a point, pwesonally I would not recommend anything besides a .22 for a first timer, thats where I screwed up, I let my wife shoot my 12 ga when we were younger and now she is scared anything bigger than a ,22 is gonna hurt her. it has taken a while but she is finally rebuilding some confidence with my 1911 and AR , she nailed a steel target at 250 yds the other day on her first try with iorn sights!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience was different. Took my two lady friends to the range today. Both mid-30's, neither one had shot handguns much before. I brought 6 different firearms. From an LCP to my S&W 629 2 1/2" barrel. Both really liked the LCP the most when they picked it up. We went over basic gun safety and operations. Showed how to load, shoot etc. 2 hours later, 325 rounds down range, both women picked the Glock 26 9mm as the firearm they wanted to purchase. They also shot extremely well with it. I say load up as many as you can and then let them choose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom