Found a group that needs to reattend hunter safety.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my father and I have permission to hunt on some land north of Geary. Obviously, so does another guy. My father and I get to our spot, same spot we've been hunting since Monday. About 30 minutes after being there, see a group pull up to the east gate on the property and proceed to come through the gate, put on their orange. All the while I have a nice view of about 5 does 100 yards in front of me, which didnt last long.

I had figured the group might walk along the fence line out of our range. WRONG. they proceed to walk directly along the tree line which is directly in front of the area where my father and I were setup. Thats right, walking down range where I had just seen deer.

Pissed, I told me father we might as well leave so we start walking towards the southern gate to the property, away from the group of hunters. BOOM!

They actually took a shot at some more does that had moved into the same field my father and I were walking in. I realize we were 45 degrees from their perspective from the deer, but still, that is too close for comfort.

So, if your name is Eddy, and you were hunting with 7 people on a 40 acre plot this evening I gotta ask you, Why would you send part of your group right in front of two hunters? Why would you even consider hunting remotely close to the property when two hunters are already set up on it? And why on earth would you allow someone who is willing to fire into a human occupied field to hunt with you.

Consider yourself lucky you arent picking your front teeth out of a pile of your own crap tonight.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, my father and I have permission to hunt on some land north of Geary. Obviously, so does another guy. My father and I get to our spot, same spot we've been hunting since Monday. About 30 minutes after being there, see a group pull up to the east gate on the property and proceed to come through the gate, put on their orange. All the while I have a nice view of about 5 does 100 yards in front of me, which didnt last long.

I had figured the group might walk along the fence line out of our range. WRONG. they proceed to walk directly along the tree line which is directly in front of the area where my father and I were setup. Thats right, walking down range where I had just seen deer.

Pissed, I told me father we might as well leave so we start walking towards the southern gate to the property, away from the group of hunters. BOOM!

They actually took a shot at some more does that had moved into the same field my father and I were walking in. I realize we were 45 degrees from their perspective from the deer, but still, that is too close for comfort.

So, if your name is Eddy, and you were hunting with 7 people on a 40 acre plot this evening I gotta ask you, Why would you send part of your group right in front of two hunters? Why would you even consider hunting remotely close to the property when two hunters are already set up on it? And why on earth would you allow someone who is willing to fire into a human occupied field to hunt with you.

Consider yourself lucky you arent picking your front teeth out of a pile of your own crap tonight.

Glad you and your dad are ok. That sucks. You're a better man that I for not confronting them.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just dont get it. We were in blaze orange in the middle of the north 20, on a hill. It would be impossible not to see us.

I understand we both had rights to the land, but had the situation would have been reversed, I would have stuck to the south 20, or I would not have hunted at all in that area.

Dont get me started on the gunshot. I came very close to going after them. I really wanted to have a confrontation over it. Not saying I doubt my self control or theirs, but sometimes, when firearms are involved, its best to walk away and vent on a forum. ;)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its all about respect for the other hunter. The area I hunt on has a few hunters on it, and we all share cell #'s and coordinate where each will be. More than once, I've wanted to hunt a stand, but had to change plans when sombody was going to be in the immediate area.
Was on public ground hunting turkey one time and we got out there and set up 200 yds from the roost. About daylight, two pickups pulled up on the road, and they started unloading gear. We flashed our flash lights at them in the darkenss, and I know they saw them, but walked 50 yds in front of our blind to within 50 yds of the roost, and yes they killed a bird. Our theory of setting up 200 yds away was to test our skills of calling them in from that range. I hate public hunting

swamp donkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out at Ft Cobb last year, set in the stand about 5am. bout a hour later these guys pull up on ht e road, right in front of the deer trail and park their truck. the whole time my buddy and I are talking and shining lights at them and at each other. they go 40yds behind me and as soon as light appears they started blasting ducks. screwed my whole morning. I was really tempted to just fire off a slug into the side of their truck, but decided I didn't need the problems. inconsiderate pricks

pro2ndammendment

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get it either. I am not trying to toot my own horn here, but I hunt on public land only, and several times this year I have walked over, shook the hand of the stranger in the next camp or truck in the area I wanted to hunt and said "Where you going to be at? I don't want to mess you up on your hunt." I have met some really nice folks doing that. A little common courtesy goes a long way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom