Found my new hunting addiction. And learned a painful lesson.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't beat it! I want to find someone near the city that has some land with some that they want gone, but I'm sure it's gonna be a chore to make it happen.

If you do, I hope you are willing to invite someone you've never met before to go with you. :-) I've always wanted to try this, but other than going on an expensive "hunt", I've never found a way to go. :-)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do, I hope you are willing to invite someone you've never met before to go with you. :-) I've always wanted to try this, but other than going on an expensive "hunt", I've never found a way to go. :-)

Haha I would never pay to hunt prairie dogs or predators, I view it as a light hearted sport, never too seriously, other than making a clean kill.

I'm not opposed to making some new friends that share common interests though.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never paid to do it, but do far that is the only way I've seen if I want the opportunity. Same goes for hog hunting. Even when I lived in Texas where they are causing such a problem, everybody wants you to pay to get rid of their pests. :-)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never paid to do it, but do far that is the only way I've seen if I want the opportunity. Same goes for hog hunting. Even when I lived in Texas where they are causing such a problem, everybody wants you to pay to get rid of their pests. :-)

A lot of guides have leased up the PD hunting areas in the panhandle. You will pay to hunt. Its not that bad though from what I hear.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of guides have leased up the PD hunting areas in the panhandle. You will pay to hunt. Its not that bad though from what I hear.

Yeah, haven't heard of prices, but my "guide" told me that it happens all the time, and that he is always "stopping by to see what's going on, and to make sure they aren't shooting at my place or old man jones house". Haha. Talks about guys with serious long guns and such.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, haven't heard of prices, but my "guide" told me that it happens all the time, and that he is always "stopping by to see what's going on, and to make sure they aren't shooting at my place or old man jones house". Haha. Talks about guys with serious long guns and such.

Friend of mine is a GW that used to be in the panhandle before moving to Osage County. He told stories of folks from the east coast coming out in $300K RV's with custom bench rest rifles that sported 2" diameter barrels shooting them at insane distances.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard similar. I was hoping that the panhandle for the most part was gonna be just bad enough that the place wouldn't get overrun by this sorta stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom