Foundation lifting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most any of them are right at $500 per pier, some companies want to put them every 4 foot others want to do 5 feet.
you can save some money by getting an engineer report and just put them where he says to put them, all foundation companies will put them where engineer says to put them.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may not be the foundation lifting, with the drought it may be the ground shrinking. Clay soils can change volume considerably (like 20% if I remember correctly), so when the moisture is gone the soil shrinks and pulls away from the foundation.
Get an opinion from and engineer not associated with a foundation repair company. Of course, in the opinion of the foundation repair companies you always need repairs and/or piers.
I'm a bit cynical because I spent a lot of money on piering and an engineers opinion and the problems I was experiencing actually had nothing to do with the foundation.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the imput guys. I am actually trying to figure out about a home my wife and I are considering buying. We need to get someone to look at it before we pull the trigger.

And I agree with the drought has a lot to do with things, but this one happens to have a gap n the concrete that I can put my pinky in.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been getting tons of cracks around my doors and even in my crown molding. Think its time to call a foundation engineer :(
Does anyone have any recommendations in the Tulsa area?

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used Olshan and were satisfied with the engineering analysis and work. I believe at one point they dug 12' down to hit solid ground vs. clay. However, once the exterior walls of the house were piered, the interior slab started to settle and cracked. To fix that is a very major repair, and no one really recommended that this be done for the cost involved. P.S. it is a good time to check for settling since we have had a drought and the clay has "shrunk". 12 piers total.

Latest posts

Top Bottom