Foundation repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a family member who needs some foundation work done to their house. Who do you guys recommend in the OKC area? Any ideas on what they should expect to pay?

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we used ACME. they were $400 per pier. The cheapest was house doctor, but after hearing some bad stuff about them and them not showing up twice we just said forgetaboutit. We were also told to stay away from oshlan, the guy wouldn't say why but alluded to it was more of a problem with their business practice than with their services.

Verdigris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had Olshan do the work for us. They were about $600 a pier but the work was done quickly and professionally. To refer to Streak's comment about Olshan, we'd heard things about them too, but it all related to their responsiveness relating to warranty work on the piers, if they have to come back out. So far we don't have any complaints.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and hire an engineer to look over your house and tell you what you need. The pier people are shady by nature and will pull the wool over your eyes if they get the chance

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and hire an engineer to look over your house and tell you what you need. The pier people are shady by nature and will pull the wool over your eyes if they get the chance

I dont know if they are shady or not but get the engineer for sure. They charged us $250 for the inspection and report. If they save you 1 unnecessary peir they pay for themselves. Also it will save you time. When we had ours done it was a 2 month wait for the pier work after their free inspection which at the time was 1 month wait time (for all the pier companys). If you have the report it was just the wait for them to do the work, not the extra month. However they may finally be caught up.

LIL e

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Olshan do my house. $600.00 a hole. 3 months later it needed adjustment. They brought their guys in from OKC to do the warranty stuff for Tulsa. The lead guy told me every thing I wanted to hear to get me to sign off on the paperwork,(clean up, sod, etc) never seen him again. My fault. Now It needs adjustment again. NO GO on Olshan !!!. I had some piers put in 20 years ago by a drilling company and they are standing strong today, never any re-adjustments. GO BIG, GO DEEP, you get what you pay for.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Tulsa I could recommend someone but in the City I dont really know. Try looking for structural engineers in the pages and see how far that gets ya. Once you find someone dont hesitate to ask for references and call the BBB. My personal experience is that an older wiser guy is going to know the most. Ask them if they have looked at any other houses in the neighborhood and how familiar they are with your area. that would be a bonus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom