Appliance repair experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an over/under Frigidaire circa 2014 that the freezer cools fine but the fridge seems to be struggling and sporadic. It "should do 37*F on the fridge but it is running 40-57*F or so and can't seem to get any colder. If left closed for all day, it is in the 50's but yesterday it did get down to 40 so may be an intermittent issue but the thing is definitely having an issue.

If the freezer is working, does that tell you experts anything? What should I be checking and can anyone recommend a good repair guy in the Moore/Norman area?

Thx

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an over/under Frigidaire circa 2014 that the freezer cools fine but the fridge seems to be struggling and sporadic. It "should do 37*F on the fridge but it is running 40-57*F or so and can't seem to get any colder. If left closed for all day, it is in the 50's but yesterday it did get down to 40 so may be an intermittent issue but the thing is definitely having an issue.

If the freezer is working, does that tell you experts anything? What should I be checking and can anyone recommend a good repair guy in the Moore/Norman area?

Thx
I would check the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator. Sometimes the vent holes can freeze up over time or some models use a fan to move freezer air to the fridge. Sometimes a byproduct of this is heavy condensation on the upper shelves. Also, check the seals for large leaks or check to make sure the fridge isn't packed in a way that impedes airflow.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would check the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator. Sometimes the vent holes can freeze up over time or some models use a fan to move freezer air to the fridge. Sometimes a byproduct of this is heavy condensation on the upper shelves. Also, check the seals for large leaks or check to make sure the fridge isn't packed in a way that impedes airflow.
that would be my guess airflow also. some have a fan at the back freezes up or gets stuck,some have dampers that open and close that get stuck. make sure the coils and fan underneath the back by the compressor are clean also

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well thanks guys...looks like it was frozen up. I saw ice on some vents in the freezer and some channels that appeared to feed the fridge part were all clogged up with frost, so I unplugged it overnight and let it melt and it is working fine today!

Thanks again for the suggestions on the airflow thing!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fridge was doing that monthly a Samsung but not as old as yours.

Fixed it by finding out my door seals were not sealing up well.
Mostly the bottom freezer door seal.

I stuck a bright flashlight in and shut the door and seen light coming through the seal.
Adjusted the door and got it working well.

Could be dirty sealing area also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom