Free lead for a favor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 25 lbs of lead from a shower pan cut up in manageable pieces. Looking for someone around Sand Springs that has a BIG melting pot to melt down into ingots. You can have half of the finished product.
lead.JPG

nimrod

Marksman
Reaction score
Is that pure lead? And is pure lead what you are wanting? Im in OKC, really too far to help out on melting down, but on the chance you are looking for other lead I would trade you out.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say it is pure lead since he stated it was from a shower pan it is usually pure so it is easier to mold around the shower stall the same with roof flashing.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t think you need a huge pot to melt that, being pure it should be easy to either break up or fold up. If you find yourself in the wagoner area we can fire up my melting gear.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a cheap, smaller cast iron skillet and cornbread stick pan. Fire up your grill and go to work. Lead melts easily and the old cornbread stick pans make good ingots. Be sure to do it outdoors or in a well ventilated area.

When done please mark the cast iron, or if never going to use again, drill holes in it. Keeps people from trying to cook in it.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot

50 lb of sheet is not that much to process

if you are just pouring ingots
You can put a spout on a tin can with a pair of pliers and pour it with a pair of channel lock pliers

They are also disposable so you can run several at the same time

Small ones are nice because they are lighter when 3/4 full

a camp fire is more than hot enough
Couple of bricks to set the can on is all you need

camp stove
bbq grill
Hot plate
Turkeys fryer
Anything that will get up to 600 or so
If the can is red it’s way too hot

molds

Minni muffin pan
Angle iron with ends welded on
Big spoon
bottom of beverage cans turned upside down

whatever it will fall out of easily

If you’re melting into ingots what does it matter what they look if they are a good size for the melt pot

its not rocket science

if the corners are soldered cut them out if you want dead soft lead otherwise blend them in evenly

Do it outside with the wind to your back
Wash your hands

Latest posts

Top Bottom