Free: Night Sights from Kimber Mfg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They replaced a slide with the external extractor for free on my tactical and a 7 year old kimber eclipse n/s for free, it was leaking at the vial on front sight. i paid 1 way shipping. They didnt ask if i was the original owner.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well how should I go about sending it off? They requested a letter of what's wrong with the pistol, sales receipt "if it was new", overnight shipping in original box with one mag, and if I bought it used they would charge me to
a) replace the slide to an internal extractor, mines external made in 2005.
b) replace the night sights, send in the slide by itself.

So, I don't see how you guys are getting the freebies from them.....

I must be doing something wrong here.
Please help. Thanks

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I can see wrong....is the way you are presenting what you found... :)

You can post a correction of info without being cynical, you make it sound like the person that posted the info was intentionally misleading, I can assure you they were not.

I dont think hes "cynical" he wouldnt ask for anybody to correct him if hes wrong if he was being a *ss about.?.?.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think hes "cynical" he wouldnt ask for anybody to correct him if hes wrong if he was being a *ss about.?.?.

"Who ever posted that Kimber did stuff for free is full of BS"

He could have easily come on here and said something to the effect of he wasn't having any success in getting the sites swapped with Kimber.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Who ever posted that Kimber did stuff for free is full of BS"

He could have easily come on here and said something to the effect of he wasn't having any success in getting the sites swapped with Kimber.

BL was the original thread about "kimber comes through" i could see if he wanted to ***** about it, HB dont mean anything by by, chill:bighug:

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, what i'll do is keep trying 'em and if I have success then I will post my outcome accordingly! Keep on Keepin' on! That's why I also asked in one of my post to correct me if I am wrong, not trying to point fingers here, but I was unsuccessful in the hunt for "Kimber comes through" N/S. Just sayin'. Also I have a external extractor and that's a whole other ball of wax!! Don't get me started. LOLOLOL
:thumbup3:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do they do if you lost your receipt and had no proof of purchase? I also wonder if you could have an ffl send if off to them. They might not question whether or not the owner is the original purchaser in that case.

I figure if the external extractor is a known problem it should be fixed whether you purchased it new or used.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this in another thread.
I have a full size tactical custom that shoots extremely well. The 5" barrel is a little long for carry but is my choice in an OWB in anything but t shirt weather. It is sure a bunch lighter than my sig 4" 1911. The Meprolights are great. I have owned a laser gripped pistol, but they won't do much in daylight. By the way, Kimber replaced the dim front sight a no charge when I purchased the used pistol. They are great for customer service.