Free: Night Sights from Kimber Mfg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who ever posted that Kimber did stuff for free is full of BS, I called them and spoke to Richard and Jamie, and they asked was the gun bought new or used? :lmfao:

I called twice just to give them both answers and they do the N/S for free if you bought the gun new and have a sales receipt....... Don't believe everything you read on here!!! I sure don't (anymore), I use to.

I also told them I had a fte problem with my external extractor on my '05 and they then again asked if it was bought new or used. So unless you bought it new, don't bother getting something (a new slide/ night sights) for nothing (They'd be happy to charge though)!!!! Have a great day guys and gals.

Thanks and let me know, if I am right or in the wrong. :boxing3:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who ever posted that Kimber did stuff for free is full of BS, I called them and spoke to Richard and Jamie, and they asked was the gun bought new or used? :lmfao:

I called twice just to give them both answers and they do the N/S for free if you bought the gun new and have a sales receipt....... Don't believe everything you read on here!!! I sure don't (anymore), I use to.

I also told them I had a fte problem with my external extractor on my '05 and they then again asked if it was bought new or used. So unless you bought it new, don't bother getting something (a new slide/ night sights) for nothing (They'd be happy to charge though)!!!! Have a great day guys and gals.

The only thing I can see wrong....is the way you are presenting what you found... :)

You can post a correction of info without being cynical, you make it sound like the person that posted the info was intentionally misleading, I can assure you they were not.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is normal for MOST mfr's offering a lifetime warranty. If you read the warranty details it says something along the lines of " Warrantied for the lifetime of the original owner"

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you Smith and Ruger didn't ask me if I was the original owner or for reciepts when I sent pistols to them for service. (one I was, the other not)

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably just got lucky. I just called like I wanted to order them and they OFFERED to replace them free, no questions asked! Maybe if you call asking for it to be done free you get different results. Or maybe they were just in a genererous mood that day

All I know is mine shine like a diamond in a goats butt (dad's saying).

Burk

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably just got lucky. I just called like I wanted to order them and they OFFERED to replace them free, no questions asked! Maybe if you call asking for it to be done free you get different results. Or maybe they were just in a genererous mood that day

All I know if mine shine like a diamond in a goats butt (dad's saying).

Burk

EWWWW..... :)

Yea, I can hear the exchange... "Hi, I read on a gun forum that you replace dim night sites for free?"...(Kimber Rep shuddering thinking about the financial ramifications of replacing any "dim" site)..."Well according to the warranty you must be the original purchaser with a reciept..."...

I suspect it is their discretion, on a case by case basis.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Richard and Jamie both said they would replace them, they would call me and tell me how much it would be though so..... Yes you got lucky or they have gotten 3,000 Kimbers from Oklahoma with quote, "bad sights". lol:chat:

Didn't mean for people to get upset with me...... I just called to ask if they do replace them, this morning

Burklee, send mine in would ya??????? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom