Front Night Sight, or Front and Rear Night Sight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Kahr CM9. I ordered the Trijicon Night Sight Set (front and rear). Not having a sight pusher, I only installed the Front night sight. After a few rounds of dry fire, I am beginning to re-think the addition of the rear night sight, just keeping front night sight and using the stock "dot the i" rear sight. Both front sights appear to be the same height. Opinions???

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your sight alignment along the axis of the pistol is THE most crucial component of aiming. Are you able to see the rear sight well enough to point straight without it being illuminated?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like it and can shoot with well with it; rock it out. I've had luck with a single fiber optic sight as the front post. I've also had luck with the 2 dot 1 dot sights. I like to keep things simple personally. Out of all pistol sights, it is easier for me to have blank rear sights and a single front post sight of a different bright color (i've used lime or bright yellow nail polish before). But that's me, YMMV. However, it seems you like the same style. At night, or in low light conditions, I favor the single bright front post again. Put the one dot on and shoot. In a hairy situation, you won't have to worry about trying to get that perfect 3 dot picture. Again, this is my opinion... for what it is worth.