FTE's with pistol suppressor/cleaning a suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Using a glock 19, 147 gr American Eagle FMJ, and a YHM M2 Cobra I have experienced consecutive failures to EJECT. 20+ in a row with no successful cycles.

(I forgot the name of the part, but its the part that the barrel threads into, may be the neilson device??) It is stuck farther out than normal by 0.75''-1''. I cannot pull/twist it back in the re engage the device. I must have messed with it any not noticed last time I took it out. I think it is the reason i cannot get it to cycle properly. I have never had a problem before on any guns.

I tried to disassemble the can with little luck..
Using the YHM supplied tool I unscrewed the "threaded" side of the can with no problem but the booster was stuck still! Lightly tapping and wiggling was no help, it was lead welded solid.
So i try the other side of the can (projectile exit side), lead wleded shut as well!!!!!!

So, I have a few questions for ya'll.

Does anyone know someone who works on sealed silencers? OKC area.
Any ideas on how to get it undone myself?
What should I use to clean my can once i get it busted open, its aluminum i believe.

Thanks in advance.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got the booster or neilson device (w/e you call it) to go back in a little by twisting it but still sticking out far enough to were it still doesnt work right. Will not go in any farther prolly due to build up.

Heres some visual aid..

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd send it back to YHM. That's the best option. If you're dead set on getting at it yourself, give it a good soak in some kroil for a couple days. Put the end cap tool for the core in a vice and turn the tube with a heavy duty strap wrench. Keep the strap down low close to the end cap tool. You can also use a propane torch to heat up the area where the threads are. You can even put the whole can in the oven and heat it up to soften the lead build up (if lead is the problem).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you clean your booster frequently from here on out and you should be fine. I clean the ASAP booster on my Evo-9 about every 150-200 rounds, plus I oil it and work it back and forth occasionally in-between.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I already reassembled it with good amour of oil on booster and antiseize on threading of baffle stack. Just shot it. Ran just fine again..
whew.. glad that's done. Ill post of video of my old Samsung galaxy s2 getting holy

.LOL.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a tip. the american eagle 147GR is bar far the dirtiest subsonic 9mm ammo I have ever shot. It the piston in my neilson as well. took me a full day to get it working again after only about 150 rnds. I shoot the winchester 147gr now and it is MUCH MUCH cleaner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom