Fur Buyers in Central OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgecko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids have a few critters that they would like to sell this year (some coons and two Bobcats). Can someone point me in the direction of a Fur Buyer in the OKC metro or somewhere close? Or do I have to go to one of the fur auctions to sell them? Thanks in advance for the help!

mrgecko

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to go to an auction to sell them. Bobcats will need to be tagged. I do not know of any buyers in the metro. There are rumors to be one in Watonga buying furs. I know there is a buyer from Kansas that drives down to Woodward and Alva every weekend to buy. He usually has a game warden there to tag bobcats. I will try and find out the information for the buyer in Watonga, as well as any others that might be of interest.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bobcats are tagged with CITES tags and are skinned. Coons are waiting to be skinned or not if price is same for skinned/green. Thanks.

Careful with skinning. In conversation with fur buyer 2 years ago in Alva he let said something about most skinned cats get docked as he doesn't feel many people do it correctly or to industry standard. He said very few people have proven they are worthy of premium.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful with skinning. In conversation with fur buyer 2 years ago in Alva he let said something about most skinned cats get docked as he doesn't feel many people do it correctly or to industry standard. He said very few people have proven they are worthy of premium.

+1 on that.

I'd like to talk to the guy in honneywell about working for free for a day or two to learn what buyers are looking for in skinned furs. One day in there, he turned down a guy with 5 bobcat skins. Said he couldn't make a dime from them.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find Shaun Jaggars on FB he is a local fur buyer out of Seminole, he can also tag your cats for you as well. Very fair guy and easy to deal with.

mrgecko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom